Holy cow. My jaw has dropped. *Giddy with excitement. Guess who received two blog awards on the same day?
Yeah, I know, not a hard question. Anyway, here they are:
The BEST BLOG AWARD. Yay me!
From the talented, sweetheart writer Courtney Reese:
Be sure to check out Courtney's blog, as well. She's currently working on a Paranormal Romance series which holds great promise. Just the other day, I featured Courtney's interview with Caleb, one of the main characters of her series, on my blog. Check it out here. Her drop-dead gorgeous vampire is to die for. Drool drool.
And the HONEST SCRAP AWARD! Wooo-hooo!!!!
From the ever supportive, brilliant writer Sara McClung and the always thoughtful, amazing writer Anne Riley:
Sarah's blog is fantastic, so make sure you stop by. Sara is currently editing her new YA urban fantasy manuscript Shattered, which I'm very excited to get my hands on (she even let me sample a couple of chapters, and OH. My. Word. Love it!) I hosted Sara's interview with her main character, Jane, very early on for my Totally Sane Interviews Series. You can check out her interview here. And by that, I mean, go see it. Like now (after you finish this post).
Anne was so thoughtful to give me this award, and did so after I'd already drafted my blog post (which includes having awarded her the Best Blog Award!). Be sure to check out her blog (more details below). But I also want to add that Anne is currently working on editing her novel to her editors satisfaction, and I can't tell you how grateful I am that she shares her experiences in this process. We can all learn from her.
In order to accept the above awards, I must follow a certain set of instructions. But today I will focus on only one award in particular, the Best Blog Award (simply because it has the easiest instructions to follow and I received it earlier in the day). But a big thanks all around to Courtney and Sara and Anne for being so frigging awesome.
But for today, here's what I have to do to receive my Best Blog Award.
1. To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.
2. Pass the award to other bloggers that you recently discovered and think are great! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Now, this is a tricky proposition. I could never be a judge for any competition. I handed out A's like candy (if you got anything less in my classes, well...um...huh.) Anyway, here are my choices for BEST BLOG AWARD:
1. Anne Riley, "Updates on My Attempts to Get Published, Book Reviews, and More." Anne shares her experiences as she progresses through the path of publication and offers great advice and information to writers. I only recently came across her blog, but I'm already loving it! I can relate to so much of what she's going through and have learned a lot from her about the process and the joys and sorrows ahead.
2. Elizabeth Spann Craig, "Mystery Writing is Murder." Elizabeth does a brilliant job of tying her everyday experiences to the art of writing and offers us an insider's view into the world of publishing. Author of several cozy mysteries, her new novel Delicious and Suspicious comes out May 2010. Stop by her blog and learn something!
3. Rhonda Cowsert, "Snarktastic Ramblings." Rhonda has this uncanny ability to describe the most mundane aspects of her very relatable reality in a remarkably humorous way. I'm always amazed to discover myself laughing at her explanation of an experience she had that had felt pathetically miserable when it happened to me. Yeah. That's how good she is. Check out her hilarious, often heartwarming blog.
4. Calista Taylor, "A Steampunk Reverie." Calista is an agented writer working on a steampunk series that features herbal elixirs. Her blog offers terrific information and advice on steampunk and romance and gives us insight into the world of writing and publishing. And the images on her blog and website are astounding and worth a glance as well.
5. Simon C. Larter, "Constant Revision." Now, I'm fairly certain that Simon has already won this blog award, but I can't seem to get enough of his blog, and thought perhaps you might feel the same. On "Constant Revision," Simon shares his writing experiences (sometimes with revision) as well as his stories. It's worth it just to go to his blog for those. I tell ya, the guy's a rising star, so be sure to check it out!
6. Wendy M. Morrell, aka Quillfeather, has a brilliant blog that is very much worth the Best Blog award. Her photographs of New Zealand alone are worth a click over. But you can learn alot from her, too. Wendy offers us a peek into her journey to publication, and in the process of sharing her experience, gives useful information to writers (and really anyone who's pursuing a goal), sympathy, and a "There There, you can do this!" which I find to be beautifully encouraging. And Wendy is one of the kindest people around. But who can be surprised at that? She's a New Zealander.
Please be sure to check out all of these Best Blogs! And thank you again Sara and Courtney and Anne. Be sure to check out tomorrow's blog post of my top picks for the Honest Scrap award!
*Is it possible to be giddy with anything else? Here's a little pic for you to brighten your day: Click Me.