Holy catfish. Dude, check. out. my sidebar. Eeeeeeeep!! I can hardly believe my eyes. Oh yes, I think it’s time to celebrate the wonder, the joy, the amazing, super duper ultra slice of awesome that you are. Friends, it’s time I throw a little party.
Because holymolyrolypoly, I have 300 bloggie friends!! So in honor of this fabulosity, I think it only fitting to host the:
Will Grayson Squared Dance Contest
Of course, this means, we are going to have a dance off.
Okay, not really, though there will be some dancing involved. But first, lets get to the mega fabuloso prizes, shall we?
So, obviously, there’s a Will Grayson or two involved in this little party. Why? Because Will Grayson, Will Grayson happens to be one of my favorite YA books of all freaking time. And it so happens I have a few signed books to give away. Because, you see, the amazing authors of (Will Grayson)2 John Green and David Levithan just adored me when they met me the other night, and so they graciously handed over a ton of signed books for me to give away (after I paid for them and offered them my sixth-born child*).
And as I see it, no contest is complete with only one winner. So, I will have…3. So, yeah, 3 packages, cuz I’m random like that.
Package 1: David Levithan Rules!
1. Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan, hardback, signed by both authors
2. The Realm of Possibility, by David Levithan, signed by David Levithan
3. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, signed by David Levithan
Package 2: John Green Rocks!
1. Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan, hardback, signed by both authors (yes, I have 2 copies, both signed)
2. Paper Towns, by John Green, signed by John Green
3. An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green, signed by John Green
Package 3: Miscellaneous FTW!
1. An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green, signed by John Green (yes, I have 2 copies, both signed)
2. Looking for Alaska, by John Green, signed by John Green
3. The First Five Pages: A Writer’s guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile, by Noah Lukeman, signed by no one.
You know what? I think I’ll throw in a 4th package. BUT, I’ll only offer a 4th package for a 4th winner if I get at least 50 more followers by the end of this contest. Okay? That means, if I don’t get 50 followers by 25 May 2010, then I get to keep the 4th package for myself. So that means it’s in your best interest to get me 50 more followers. Because what if you might have been the 4th name drawn, yeah?
It’s not cruel, it’s creative.
So, in the event I get 50 more followers from today (that means, I need to see 350 bloggie friends by the end of this contest, 25 May 2010, midnight EST), this is what a fourth winner will receive:
Package 4: Maybe, Baby
1. $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card
2. $5 Starbucks gift card
3. A bar of Ghirardelli chocolate
By the way, if I get 100 more bloggie friends, ( as in 400 by 25 May 2010), then, I will add a Package 5 for a fifth winner, which looks like package 4. 150 more bloggie friends, add package 6. I think however, despite the incredibly poor odds of it occurring, that I would have to cap it at 6 prize packages as I’m not made of unobtanium.
Ohyeahkayso, I forgot the dancing part. In order to win, please follow these dance steps:
1. Fill out the Form below (+1 point)
2. Be an old follower (+2 points) or new follower (+1 point). Non-followers get disqualified cuz I’m snarly like that. And please don’t follow anonymously because I can’t see invisible people.
That’s it. You’re in, baby.
Want some extra entries? Follow any of these additional dance steps:
1. Leave a comment on this post (+1). Please be gentle with me.
2. Tweet this contest and tell the world how amazing it is. Please be sure to mention me so I can be sure to see it: @cvaldezmiller (+2)
Note: you can earn an additional point for every additional tweet (though only up to 1 point per day)
3. Be my facebook friend: find my FB profile on the sidebar and friend me, if you’re not already my FBBFF (+1)
4. Post a link to this contest on Facebook—you will need to be my Facebook friend so I can see it, kaythankshello (+2)
5. Follow me on Twitter (+1)
6. Follow me on the Networked Blogs thingy: Find the thingy on the sidebar (+1)
7. Blog about how fabulous this contest is (+5)
8. Add this contest to your sidebar (+3)
9. Send a follower my way. That means, you have to make sure they tell me in the form when they fill it out
that YOU sent them cuz I’m not always accurate with my ESP (+2)
10. And OH YEAH THIS ONE ROCKS: I want to see you film YOURSELF dancing to your favorite song for at least 30 seconds (or maybe if it’s totally cute as ever, your kiddo, but you have to be totally non-abusive and non-humiliating and have like some sort of legal guardianship or permission). Film it, upload it to Youtube and add the Youtube address to the form. You can also leave a comment with it later. Also, by making the video, you are totally giving me permission to post it (although, I will only post one). Just for making the video, you’ll get an additional 15 points. If I choose yours to be the absolutely most rocking dance video EVER, you’ll get 25 points. Oh, and, um, please wear clothes when you do it. I’m normally pretty, like, okay with nudity, but generally not with other people’s nudity.** Let’s aim for tasteful, shall we?
1. I will draw the names and award the prizes in order using random.org. If there is one package you seriously DON”T want, please email me, and I’ll remove your entries when I draw for that prize and drop it back in for the others.
2. Once your name has been drawn to receive a prize, you will not be eligible for any other prizes.
3. Contest ends at midnight EST 25 May 2010.
4. I can totally change the rules if I want, but I swear on my mother’s non-grave that I won’t alter them to make things suckier for anyone.
OKAY, I think that covers it. My apologies to those hoping for Gerard Butler and ponies as possible prizes. I got b***slapped by the post office just for asking about possible shipment.
EDIT: P.S. Open to residents of the US and Canada (yeah, Carol=no unobtanium). Sorry guys :(
Any questions, just Email me or leave a comment. The force be with you.
*I’m kidding about one of these things.
**I am not even remotely okay with sharing my nudity with you either. Totally not what I meant.
Click BELOW to ENTER the William Grayson Squared Dance Contest
Click Here to Fill Out Form and Enter the Contest